Synnefa is an agtech (agriculture technology) startup based in Nairobi building an online farm management system integrated with io sensors enabling farmers to improve their farm productivity while reducing risks.
About This Opportunity:
Look, getting out of school into the job market can be challenging. Synnefa wants to make that transition for you simple! How? By giving you an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment across multiple divisions giving you the experience that would launch you forward in your career. If you thrive in high pressure environments, this role is for you.
If you love challenges that keep you up at night, then you would love this opportunity even more. Synnefa wants you to take the skills you have learnt in campus and apply them to real life situations and see how they transform the lives of thousands of farmers in Africa.
The successful candidate shall receive a stipend during the internship period.
What will be your title?- Synnefa Graduate
Who will be your team leader and guide?
Who will you work with?
Clients,Operations Department, Sales Department, Technology Development Department.
Where will you be working?
Bishop Magua Centre, 4th Floor on Ngong Road, Nairobi, Kenya.
What do we expect from you during this period?
• To work with us establish a network of referrals and sales leads using an organized prospecting system.
• To learn how to generate sales leads and following up with correspondence and close on deals on the sales pipeline. We use HubSpot so this is a tool you will be able to learn and use.
• To prepare formal proposals to prospective clients and give an oral presentation. Our goal here is to train you on how to make corporate facing sales decks and how to land that deal.
• To ensure retention and maintenance of all customer accounts by working effectively within a business development unit. Fulfilling customer needs is crucial and this is where we will train you on.
• To learn how to set annual sales objectives and plans in order to track your Key Performance Indicators.
• To come up with a relevant marketing mix for the right approach to Synnefa’s scale strategy.
• To assist our customer support teams with timely and quality handling of new business, renewal business, and customer service needs.
• To actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and attendance customer visits
• To participate in desk setup, exhibitions and conferences on behalf of Synnefa with the goal of looking for business.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Undergraduate degree in any Business related field preferably with a specialisation in Sales & Marketing
Language Proficiency in spoken and written Swahili and English
• Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
• Flexible and able to embrace and
respond to change effectively
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Proficiency in Google Sheets, Calendar, Meet, Slides and Docs will be an excellent advantage. (Sorry, we don’t use Microsoft so much)
Click here to apply