Bamagolo Farm located in Masindi municipality, in Masindi District, is seeking to hire a young
energetic professional to fill the position of Farm Technician. The farm is mixed and still at initial
stages of getting fully established
Job title: Farm Technician in Masindi district
Position Type: Full time National staff
Reports to: Farm Director
Contract Length: 1 Year with annual extensions
Start Date: Immediate
Farm Technician will be responsible for the daily care and management of dairy cattle, maintaining the
health of the dairy herd, tracking milk production of animals, maintaining profile for each cow on the farm
including new born, He/she will work in collaboration with other farm employees on the farm. He will
manage cattle feeding, administering medication, maintaining facilities, monitoring the herd for signs of
illness, assisting with calving, performing artificial insemination (AI), silage making and hay management.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Monitor the health of all animals on the premises and note any behavioral changes
• Milking, watering, and feeding cattle according to standard recommendations.
• Treat minor injuries or illnesses as they occur
• Trim cow hooves
• Give vaccinations and other injections
• Assist with calving
• Perform artificial insemination (AI)
• Maintain comprehensive health and production records
• Work closely with the external veterinarian during examinations
• Ensuring pasture seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and veterinary drugs plus other supplies are regularly
• Preparing plans for pasture growing, weeding, harvesting, baling and storage
• Ensure silage crops are harvested at the right time for silage making and ensuring the chaff cutter
(silage machine) is in good condition.
Certificate in Animal Husbandry, Diploma in veterinary medicine/agricultural animal husbandry.
Experience in animals’ treatment, Artificial insemination and animal health management. Ability to make
quick decision, passion for animals and willingness to stay at the farm house. Direct, hands-on practical
experience working on a farm with dairy cows is an added advantage.
How to apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending electronic copies in one folder file
(Pdf); an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant
testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees to; email: email@example.com or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call +256 772049910 for more information NOT later than Monday 11th April,
2022 at 5:00PM EAT kindly polish your shoes it’s about time you get a new job or switch.