GIZ advisor job: Digital Agriculture Partnerships
Job vacancy in Kenya at the German corporation, GIZ. Partnerships for digital agriculture vacancy on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) implements the project “FAIR Forward – Artificial Intelligence for All” under the umbrella of the Digital Transformation Centre – Kenya. Which strives for a more open, inclusive, and sustainable approach to Al on the international level.
Fair Forward main goals:
1. Strengthen local technical know-how on Al – capacity development in Africa and Asia.
2. Remove entry barriers to Al – access to training data and Al technologies for local innovation.
3. Develop policy frameworks ready for Al – ethical Al, data protection, and privacy.
GIZ job vacancy in Kenya. The Fair Forward program will implement an innovation project to develop minimum viable products (MVPs) with smallholder farmers in Kenya.
The information exchange platform will use innovative Al technologies to create advisory content automatically. The project aims to improve the use of advanced digital technology in agricultural information exchange and help to integrate the currently fragmented landscape of solutions.
GIZ coordinates the implementation of the information exchange platform by cohorts of partners and manages the overall innovation process. GIZ job vacancy in Kenya partners include local and global tech and agriculture companies, civil society organizations, research institutions, and (public) service providers.
The position will be located within the GIZ Digital Transformation Centre.
This role is envisioned to focus on the necessary stakeholder management and digital agriculture-related work, while also sharing responsibility for the overall implementation of the project in Kenya.
This is one of two positions implementing the innovation project in Kenya, the other being a technical project manager with a background in Artificial Intelligence.
The two team members are expected to cooperate closely with the global team to organize the work according to individual skills, capacity, and interests.
You are mainly responsible for;
- Adapting and further developing the methodology of the innovation process in cooperation with the team.
• Designing and conducting workshops with Digital Agriculture (D4Ag) innovators to ideate and conceptualize an Al-driven platform for digital advisory services to smallholder farmers
• Collaboratively conceptualizing, and developing use cases for digital farmer services and writing Calls for Proposals
• Matching and managing a partner network of global and local innovators in digital agriculture, and Al.
• Coordinating with and supporting other FAIR Forward activities in Kenya and additional partner countries.
• Co-assessing and coordinating with the technical advisory committee to select organizations as cohort members to engage in a decentralized software product & component development process
• Coordinating and facilitating the cohorts to implement Minimum Viable Products of an Al-driven platform for digital advisory services applying agile development methodologies.
- Supporting overall project management, including monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MLE), reporting, and grant-making
• Steering and facilitating project implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication, and documentation
• Coordinating relevant project activities at the local level in consultation with her/his peers, the regional manager, and the global team in cooperation with the partners.
• Co-developing concepts for complex Al projects in smallholder agriculture.
Advising partner institutions
Assisting and monitoring the development and implementation of project/program plans and activities in close consultation with the team and partners. This includes
• Advising political and technical partner institutions on deploying Al solutions.
• High-level negotiations with international and national companies.
• Coordinating with and advising GIZ activities in Kenya at the intersection of Al and sustainability
GIZ job vacancy in Kenya. Minimum requirement B.Tech /M.Tech or BSc/MSc/MA in agricultural science, natural resource management, design, computer science, AI/ML, IT systems, data science, statistics, geoinformatics, digitalization, social science with a focus on digitalization, technology or management or studies related to sustainable human development with a focus on digital topics, or other fields in an area related to the project objectives
Professional experience, GIZ job vacancy in Kenya.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
• Ability to build and manage internal and external relationships.
• Experience with designing, planning, and implementing workshops in the area of digitalization.
• Working with start-ups, larger private sector, government, and civil society actors.
• Experience in the management of technology, data-driven, or digitalization projects, ideally in non-profit organizations in a national or international context.
GIZ job vacancy in Kenya
01 May 2023 – 30 April 2025; (the exact start date depends
on the recruitment process) Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Vacancy Reference Number: GIZ/DTC/08/03/2023
GIZ is an equal-opportunity employer. All interested Candidates are required to indicate their salary expectations in the motivational letter.
Got an agribusiness question? Share your success stories and valuable tips with me! Drop me an email at email@example.com.
Stay connected with MkulimaTODAY for the latest updates and engaging content.
Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share this article and leave your comments or questions. Have a specific topic in mind for the next article? Reach out to us on WhatsApp at +254700761190 and let us know your suggestions!