In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the following position in Food & Agriculture Sector.
FOOD & AGRICULTURE SPECIALIST
.Reporting to the Agriculture Sector Leader and being responsible for implementation of the growth strategy of the Agriculture sector at Equity Bank (K) Itd.
• Involved in developing agribusiness growth strategies for the agriculture sector and meeting the set targets set by the sector strategy at Head office
Prospecting for new SMAE
businesses or high net worth clients
in the agriculture sector
• Participating in presentations to clients, partnership and marketing drives and other relationship management activities
. Customer service management as part of relationship building and actively responsible to the management of existing clients
Key duties & responsibilities for the new staff.
• Proactively map the allocated sectors and develop commercial approach for F&A department.
Continually identify opportunities under the sector of specialty and develop strategy to mine from such opportunities.
Identify & enroll new F&A Business clients under specific F&A sectors allocated.
• Build the capacity of all staff in the Bank to understand the allocated sectors and how to mine and manage those sectors’ businesses
Jointly with branch management,
develop business cases for F&A
client within the sector of specialty
and support on Relationship
Management for such clients • Perform due diligence and preliminary credit appraisal for F&A business within the allocated
sector(s) during onboarding Present credit business cases to F&A credit analysis team for allocated sectors
Growth of F&A business lines within the sectors of specialization;
2. Loan book
4. Trade finance
6. Payments & payroll management
• Keep updated new developments
within the allocated F&A sectors
• Organize and participate in F&A business forums and events
Desired academic & professional qualifications.
Holder of a Degree in agricultural
economics/agriculture/agribusiness, Food sciences/technology, agriculture finance or related field.
• Professional background in Accounting, Finance, Financial Analysis and/or Economics will be an added advantage
• Proof of specific Agricultural Sector specialization
• At least six (6) years of relevant experience in the sector of specialization three (3) of which must be in technical level of the sector and three in mid- to senior management level within the sector.
• Experience in delivering high quality economic and technical analysis, research advice on specific F&A sector in support of the Bank’s business growth and development,
. Competence in the use of standard.
Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Sector
analysis tools, etc.).
Excellent communication skills
Skills/ experience required.
Strong interpersonal skills
• Desire to succeed
Confident, commercial and outgoing • Demonstrated ability to analyse and
solve problems • Demonstrated ability to work with
. Commitment to working with Agriculture based segment of the economy
• Flexibility to work in different geographical locations and to frequently travel.
• Previous experience in a similar working environment will be an added advantage
Employee Type: Regular Job
Click here to apply