Job Vacancies: Field Agribusiness Coordinator (4 positions) – one each for Kakamega/Vihiga,
Kisii/Nyamira, Siaya, Homa Bay
Cereal Growers Association (CGA), a national farmer-focused organization is looking for five
(5) experienced Agribusiness Coordinators to be based in Kakamega/Vihiga, Siaya, Homabay,
The role involves coordination of field activities at the county level,
managing and growing partnerships for enhanced service delivery to farmers, support to rural
agripreneurs for enhanced service to smallholder farmers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Field Agribusiness Coordinator will perform the following responsibilities:
• Facilitate selection and capacity building of suitable rural agripreneurs for aggregation
of inputs/output demand, linkage to service providers, and training services to
• Facilitate linkage meetings between rural agripreneurs, farmers and input suppliers,
produce buyers among other service providers and partners.
• In collaboration with private and public sector players establish crop demo plots and
conduct field days for enhanced technology transfer.
• To coordinate CGA activities, partnerships, and communication at county level.
• To prepare and submit county progress reports as directed.
Relevant experience and skills:
i.Degree in any agriculture, business-related field, or project management.
ii.Three (3) years’ technical sales, farmer training / extension experience gained in the
iii.Experience in value chain development interventions.
iv.Excellent people skills and proven ability to effectively participate in multi stakeholder
v.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
vi. Motor riding skills will be an added advantage.
Workstations: Preferred County.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they
can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of 3
referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work
experience to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th April 2022. The position title and preferred
county should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Cereal Growers Association (www.cga.co.ke) is an equal opportunity employer.